Tuesday, February 24, 2009

She's still on my mind.

Question:
I just read a piece form your advice column "Are we meant to be?" A guy liked a girl who had a boyfriend, and asked what to do. the answer basically said, "Live your life." Well, I am. I'm busy but she's still always on my mind. I dream about her every night and the very thought of her fills me with happiness. Since living my life isn't helping, what should I do?

Answer:
Actually, I think it is helping. Living your life doesn't mean you won't still feel something for this girl. It means you will feel other things as well. You will feel the joy of winning and the frustration of losing. You will feel the fun that comes with your activities and friendships. You might no recognize it right now, but you're letting your life be about more than one relationship with one girl. And that's what maturity is all about.
I know it's hard to have intense feelings for someone who doesn't return those feelings. But the goal of "living you life" isn't to make those feelings go away. It's to remind yourself that GOD created you to be a whole person with all kinds of interests and gifts and hopes for your future (Jeremiah 29:11 which so happens to be our theme for this year). I wish i had some secret advice that would make this girl suddenly care for you as much as you care for her, but that's just not how life -or love- works. Both of them are about knowing yourself better and discovering all the ways that GOD is at work inside of you.
So even though it might not be what you want to hear, I promise you that living your life fully really is the way forward into the life GOD has for you.

*all copyrights belong to HERALD: THE CATHOLIC WEEKLY

Jennifer Anne
God Bless <3

No comments:

Verse Of The Day